2018 FESTIVAL PRINCESS
Next year, in the interests of equal opportunity (and why shouldn't a chap be a royal - look at Prince Harry!), the Rhodo Festival committee is looking for a prince as well as a princess in 2019.
Applications are invited from anyone interested in being 2019's Rhodo royalty - Princess or Prince.
Eligibility: Blackheath resident, aged 18-80, pleasant demeanour, loves our town.
What do you do?
As our regal personages, your responsibilities will include:
- Representing the Festival Committee as an ambassador and attending all Festival events as a VIP.
- Being available, where appropriate, during the Festival period 26th October - 24 November.
- Being available for Festival-related occasions between October 2018 and November 2019, when you will help crown your successors.
- Attending the Festival Opening/Art Show opening (26 Oct).
- Attending the royal crowning, obviously (on Rhodo Day, 3rd Nov). Short speech e.g. “I declare before you all that my whole year, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great Blackheathen family to which we all belong.” OR... a “Thank you, I’m thrilled” kind of thing.
- Lead the Parade, smile, wave regally, be photographed, mingle with the peasantry afterwards.
- Attending the Rhodo Revue at least once (16th – 19th November).
- Attending the Rhododendron Ball as a VIP (10th November).
- Talking at the local Primary School(s) about being the Rhododendron Prince/Princess (at some practical time).
- Selling tickets for the Festival raffle at Festival events.
- With the assistance of the Festival Committee, organising at least one fund raising event or activity.
- Having fun while doing so!
Click here to email us.